Monday, October 5, 2009

So behind, sorry!

I haven't been doing that great at keeping up the blog. Sorry everyone! Not that I should make excuses, but Chad was out of state for three whole weeks for work. I lost 17 lbs, because I didn't have time to eat. So, yes ... the blog fell on my list of priorities! But you'll forgive me, right!?

Tyler is a great little baby! During the last few weeks, I've taken him to several playdates. He enjoys his time with Carter, Jake, Tre, Charlie, and the Baylor Mommies group. He is learning to pick up toys and interact with people better, which is really fun to watch. He is also a great "errand-boy" as Grandma calls him. He loves running errands with mommy. Although we can't handle grocery shopping yet, because I can't see over the cart with the carrier inside. (I'll bet you never thought of that challenge before!)I've learned the secrets to nursing pretty much wherever I am, and I consider myself a pro at the car backseat, bathroom stall and dressing room feeding positions. Thank you, Sarah, for my handy nursing cover!

While Chad was gone, Tyler hit a super fussy phase. He is normally a very calm and happy baby, so I was overwhelmed when he cried for nearly a week. After five days of insanity, (sidenote: a baby's cry is really a severe form of torture), I took him to the doctor and learned that his tummy can't handle dairy products. So no more milk in my morning coffee. But, what's one more sacrifice?!

After that, he is pretty much back to normal, pleasant baby. He's had a few growth spurt days, when he was eating every hour and 20 minutes. But I'm trying not to complain about those, since it's helped me lose 47 lbs.

Since I've been horrible at posting, here are the highlights of the last several weeks:

  • Tyler got his first haircut on Sept. 12.
  • He had many happy moments with the grandmas, who gladly watched him when I was at my limit.
  • He met all my old co-workers from the Dallas CVB.
  • He went to the Arboretum for a Mamma Bears event.
  • Tyler and I had a date at Urban Taco!
  • He started smiling and doing a slight giggle ... especially when we made a miss-you card for Daddy.
  • We packed up all his 0-3 month clothes, only to realize that the 3-6 month ones are already getting too short.
  • He played with Auntie Rachel several times, and he really liked it when she taught us how to comb his hair into a mohawk in the bath.
  • He discovered his numerous toys, and mommy's pretty living room turned into a primary-colored playground.
  • We went to dinner at Jon and Leanne's, and Tyler met Kit!
  • Tyler went to his first birthday party! Happy 4-year-old birthday, Andrew!
  • He visited Grandma at work and got really scared when she showed him the Halloween decorations, awe!


There is no way I could post pictures from each of these things, so here are just a few of my favorite:



















No comments:

Post a Comment