Thursday, October 22, 2009

No more baby!

Tyler is getting so big! We measured him, and he weighs a little over 15 lbs and is 25 in. long! It's not just his size that's shocking me, it's also his new alertness and activity level. He's not even 3 months old, and he doesn't seem like a baby anymore, tears!


My schedule during the day with him has changed a lot. No longer can I put him in his bouncy chair, swing or playyard and get my chores done. Now, he is awake the majority of the day and wants to play. He has put himself on a pretty regular schedule, taking a nap around 11 a.m., 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. Grandma Mac was right ... babies set their own schedule in time, and it was completely effortless.


So during his awake time, we've been practicing rolling over, learning new textures and working on mimicking sounds. He is way better at cooing "da-da" than "mommm-ie," but we'll get there.

I'm just so amazed at how different he is now. There is just so much more interaction! I'm really starting to LOVE being a mommy! This little guy is just so perfect!


He played so hard, that he fell asleep on the floor!










My mom taught him how to paddy-cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment