Wednesday, May 5, 2010

9 months of Tyler Aaron

Tyler is 9 months old! Eighteen months ago, I believed the exhaustion would end after the first trimester. Lesson learned--it never gets better!

Quick updates on all things Tyler:

  • 9-month check-up stats: height: 29 1/4" (80th percentile); weight: 19 lbs, 7 oz. (40th percentile); head circumference 14 1/2 (25th percentile)
  • Tyler is officially weaned. It's been 7 days since I've breastfed him (4/28/10). It took me 6 weeks, and we were both very ready to be done with it! I will admit that I got a little teary-eyed packing away my nursing bras though.
  • The doctor cleared Tyler to start eating adult foods. He's tasted potatoes, chicken, peas and bread. He loves bread, just like his mommy.
  • He's our little human Dyson. Now that he's had food, he thinks everything is edible. Of course, he chooses the smallest particles on the floor for snacks. Thus far, we've caught him with plant moss, styrofoam and old cheerios. By the time he's a year old, he'll have ingested a good portion of our house I'm sure.
  • He's still throwing up every day (if not 2-5 times a day).
  • I'm now called "MomMom."
  • I think I should start a blog featuring his daily injury report. This child is not scared of anything. His dare devil personality, mixed with my clumsiness, has already resulted in a black eye, bump of the back of his head, sliced eyelid and numerous little bruises. My poor little baby! I think they all hurt me more than him!
  • He's trying to cruise from object to object around the house.
  • He's pretty much crawling at the speed of light now.
  • Temper tantrums--Oh yes, this is a new development in the past couple days. We were out shopping, and he started crying in the cart! Uh oh!
  • We don't have any new teeth to report.
  • We took our first road trip to Austin! Here's a picture in my hometown!

1 comment:

  1. Awww...the life of raising a boy...I will be seeing so much of this stuff soon enough:) Tyler is such a cute little guy! Enjoy every minute...they grow up way too fast!

    ReplyDelete