Friday, July 10, 2009

Learning to bed rest

After showing signs of late-preterm labor, I have been put on strict bed rest.

We spent a few hours yesterday at the doctor's office and hospital. I was having mild contractions since Monday, which didn't seem so mild with all the pain they caused. The doctor said it was latent false labor, which basically means my body is preparing but not dilated yet. At the hospital, I received two shots to stop the contractions and some pain medicine. Good news, Tyler is perfectly healthy. They watched him on the monitors, and his heart rate was great, and he was squirming as usual.

So until real labor starts (hopefully not for 3 more weeks), I have to stay in bed minus restroom breaks and an occasional shower. Luckily, Chad gave me his laptop password so I can stay connected.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you have to be on bed rest! It will be worth it when you have a healthy baby in your arms in a few weeks! Happy Resting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO sorry youre on bedrest! I was on bedrest for 3 months - but now looking back, glad I had the time to relax! That all changes soon :)

    ReplyDelete