Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Will the real big baby please stand up? Please stand up!

"May I have your attention please?
May I have your attention please?
Will the real Slim Shady please stand up?
I repeat, will the real Slim Shady please stand up?
We're gonna have a problem here.."

Pretty sure, Eminem wasn't talking about babies learning to stand. But ever since Tyler first pulled up, I've had this song stuck in my head!

I think the official first time he did it was at Jon and Leanne's last week. He was undoubtedly showing off for Carter! But yesterday, I actually saw him do it! Tyler was in his playcorner, and up he goes on the ottoman. I quickly grabbed the camera. You can tell that he was very proud of himself!







After that, he started pulling up on everything. It was hilarious. It definitely didn't take him more than 10 minutes to get the confidence to explore and try his new trick on every object in the house. He was pulling up on the furniture, toys, the fireplace, playyard, crib, highchair, walls and our legs. Of course, he had to crawl under the furniture and try to pull up from underneath--a signature Tyler move!

By the end of the day, my little guy started trying to stand up completely on his own. He was in the middle of the house, away from all furniture. He gets himself into a sitting position, and was desperately trying to get his legs up to stand from there. When that wasn't working, he got into a crawling position, stood up with both legs and had arms flat on ground (oh, to be that flexible again). He couldn't figure out how to get his hands off the ground, though. And I didn't help him any. It's probably bad, but I don't want him standing on his own yet! I'm trying to hold on to every moment that I can call him a "baby." He may be 8 1/2 months old, but I'm still in denial!

No comments:

Post a Comment